Chapter1: Escape

9:00am   10 Minutes later and Ten seconds from dying           Detention


Okay, so I finally got Lance to cooperate and we came up with a master plan. Here's the plan:


1. Get Lance to ask to get a drink.
2. He comes back with his cup full.
3. He trips and spills his cup all over the floor.
4. Lance and I ask to go and get paper towels from the janitors room.
5. Then 


"Wait a minute!" It was Lance, again.


"What is it Lance? What is it!" I'm usually more patient than this, but with the state of my life, Lance should take this as a grace card, and!!!!! He just made me smudge ink all over my diary.


"Well I kinda just noticed," Wow, 10 minutes in detention can really change a person. "That this room has a like paper towel dispenser."


bummer


"Well, THEN GET RID OF IT!!" I snapped.


"The paper towels or the dispenser?" He shot me a questioning look. I shot him! No, I just smiled- something I hadn't had the time to do in a while. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If you had walked into the detention room at around this time for whatever reason; dropping off attendance sheets, giving complaint reports or just for the sake of it (It is my favourite class in the school), you would have no clue what had just happened here. But I'll clue you in diary. We got rid of the paper towels. This is how:
 I took the paper towel roll out of the dispenser (I totally know how to break open that dispenser without a key) and Lance and I "decorated" the classroom with it and when the detention supervisor came back from her washroom break and asked what was going on Lance replied saying "You surely don't expect a bright student like me to not study while in detention. This here is a science experiment comparing the relationship between... (I didn't write the rest not because I didn't feel like it but because right after that big E word, I kinda stopped listening. 


"I'm not stupid." She replied. Then why are you here!! I wanted to shout out loud. I mean, most of the detention ladies are laid off janitors. Apparently, she's a science major and professor at Long Island University and she was just here to substitute for her sister- who's a janitor. 


So.... drum roll please..... WE'RE SUSPENDED, WE'RE SUSPENDED!! I'M SUSPENDED, I'M SUSPENDED! IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!


Oh no! It's 9:45! I better HIT "N" RUN- and by hit I mean smack Lance out of the way.








"Best of luck!"

huh?
Oh, that was Lance.
Thank you I mouthed.

1 comment:

  1. she's not very nice, after all that Lance did for her, she smacked him in the face????? anyways why did she get suspended?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback.